- Make a directory on your C:\ hard drive called “Ag Leader Upgrades”. Use this directory for future updates.
- Click on the SMS link below to begin the download process.
- When a dialog box pops up, choose, “Save this file to disk” and click OK. Find the “Ag Leader Upgrades” directory that you created on your hard drive. Click SAVE to begin the download.
- Your internet connection speed will determine how long it will take to download the file. Times will range from a several minutes to several hours. A 56k modem is recommended as minimum. Typical download time for a 56k modem will be approximately 9.5 hours.
- When downloading is complete compare the file size on your hard drive to the file size stated on the link. The size must match exactly in order to install the program. You can get the file size by single-clicking the icon on your hard drive and choosing PROPERTIES from the FILE menu.
- Before installing, we recommend you restart your computer and disable your anti-virus software.
- When you have verified the size, right-click on the file and click "Extract All", or use your own zip utility to extract the files
- Navigate to the extracted folder on your computer, and click the "SETUP.EXE" file.
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the installation.
- Keep the original download file on your hard drive as a backup. All future files will be indexed by program version number.
If you have Version 10.00 or higher, are current in your software maintenance, and have unlocked online previously, you can download this update by opening the software, and going to the “Help – Check for Updates” menu in SMS. This will download and install the new version for you and will not require additional steps. If you need your account information, have questions or concerns, please contact our support group or email us at SMSunlocks@agleader.com and they will assist you.
The following are the minimum system requirements for the software to run at an acceptable performance level:
- 1 GHz processor or higher
- Windows XP (SP 3), Windows VISTA (SP 2), Windows 7 (SP 1), Windows 8 (Not RT)
- 256 MB RAM
- 4 GB Application/Date Storage Space
Recommended resolution settings will be the following when running 32 color and 100% scaling of the text sizes:
- SMS Basic: 1024 x 768*
- SMS Advanced: 1280 x 1024
*Note: If using SMS Basic and making edits to installed field tile, users will have to use the Menu options at the top of the editor to access some of the tools needed or increase the resolution on their computer monitor.
SMS Basic/Advanced - "Web Install" - Version 14.00.0005 DOWNLOAD
*You may be prompted to download other OS files before installation. The install will guide you through this, if needed.
- File Name: SMS_v14.0_web_Install.zip
- File Size: 154 MB
- February 2014
SMS is also available on CD-ROM, call Ag Leader to get one today!